Needs and Wants
What features do I want in a home? What features do I need in a home?
Looking for a new home can seem overwhelming at first. There are so many things to think about, so many choices, and often not enough time.
A small investment of time and effort right at the start can pay tremendous dividends. Take the time to organize your thoughts and think seriously about what sort of home you want before you start looking. It will simplify the process, save you time, and help lead you to the right home.
Before you start your search, make sure that you talk to the Chris Pennycook Team. We will help you get organized, answer your questions, and also raise important questions to ask yourself, such as:
- Where do I want to live? (neighbourhood/community/general area)
- Are schools a factor?
- Do I want an older or a new home?
- What style of home do I prefer? (split-level, multi-level, town home, condominium, multi-family, bungalow, other)
- How much renovation and remodeling am I willing to do?
- Is being close to public transportation important?
- Do I have special physical requirements, such as wheel chair access?
- Do I have pets to consider?
- What sort of lot would I like? (small yard, large yard, fenced, garage, patio/deck, other buildings)
- How many bedrooms do I need? How many would I like to have?
- How many bathrooms do I need? How many would I like to have?
- What features are important? (air conditioning, carpeting, ceramic tile floors, hardwood floors, eat-in kitchen, separate dining room, formal living room, family room, den, library, basement, separate laundry room, fireplace, workshop, other)